Dry Your Eyes! 6 Sad Movie Love Stories!
Thursday 11:11 PM, 09/08/2012
1. "Walk The Line" from 2005 is the chronicle of country music legend Johnny Cash's life, including his rise to fame. John (Joaquin Phoenix) is married to Vivian but cannot fight his feelings for the young and beautiful singer June (Reese Witherspoon). This story is full of good music and will have you hooked until the end!
2. If you are in the mood for a realistic and tragical love story, "Blue Valentine" from 2010 will not disapoint you! The film centers on a contemporary married couple who are on the verge of divorce and check into a motel to try and relive their happy moments together. Michelle Williams plays wife Cindy and Ryan Gosling plays husband Dean.
3. Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor play leading roles in 2001's "Moulin Rouge", the perfect tragic love story where a poet falls for a beautiful courtesan whom a jealous duke covets in this stylish musical. Loads of fabolous music and breathtaking 1920's costumes!
4. "P.S. I Love You" is the 2007's story of how young widow Holly (Hilary Swank) discovers that her late husband Gerry (Gerard Butler) has left her 10 messages intended to help ease her pain and start a new life. The notes takes her on a journey to Gerry's home country Ireland and all the memories she has from their life together. Tear of joy and sadness garantied!
5. "A Love Song For Bobby Long" from 2004 is the story about 18-year-old Purslane (Scarlett Johanson), who leaves the Florida trailer park where she lives with her abusive boyfriend to return to her hometown of New Orleans following the drug overdose death of her mother Lorraine. She meets former university profesor Bobby Long (John Travolta) and they form a special bound.
6. "The Notebook" is an all time classic! Poor and passionate young man Noah (Ryan Gosling) falls in love with a rich young Allie (Rachel McAdams) but they are soon separated by their social differences. Our favorite quote from their years later reunion, "It's not over. It was never over!" makes us cry like babies, every time!
The weekend is almost here and we are in the mood for some movie love! We don't know why but we looooove movies that always bring tears to our eyes. Therefore we give to you six sad but oh-so-good love stories! "Blue Valentine" is bound to make you weep and "P.S. I Love You" has both tears and laughter included! Click on the pictures to see all sad romantic movie tips!
Tags: Top Lists