The perfect punk chic is a mix of hard and soft: leather boots and a soft vintage tee shirt, a sexy LBD with a studded bracelet, smoky eyes with neutral lips. The key to this look is to work punk pieces around the chic. Let chic be the main focus and you'll create an awesome unexpected edge.
Ashlee Simpson knows how to perfectly mix edgy with feminine. She has a style that isn't too hard or too grunge, which is super important in this look- you want to look polished and put together, not like you just climbed out of bed! Check out our style tips to get perfect punk chic style!
- Invest in quality pieces like a leather jacket and boots. These play a main role in the punk chic wardrobe.
- Play with your makeup. Try burgundy lips or smoky eyes to create an amazing punk chic look!
- Add pattern and texture! In an outfit that's mainly black, an unexpected pattern (like plaid) or fabric (lace) will help bring your outfit to a new dimension!
- Go grunge. A look that's too grunge will completely miss the mark with punk chic. Wear structured pieces and stay away from ripped jeans and tights.
- Be afraid to go girly. The look isn't all jeans and t-shirts. Choose feminine dresses and heels with a rebellious edge (example: Ashlee Simpson's LBD, heels, and braid help make her look completely cool and romantic).
- Dress slutty. Just because you want to look hardcore and feminine doesn't give you the excuse to walk around in a garter belt and bustier with too much eyeshadow (ahem, Taylor Momsen)
Taylor Momsen26 July 1993, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Actress Taylor Momsen starres in Gossip Girls playing Jenny Humphrey. Her first major role was in How the Grinch Stole Christmas 2000. Taylor has also been seen in Spy Kids II and We Were Soldiers. She is the leading singer in the rock band The pretty reckless and she quited Gossip Girl after four seasons
RSS feed with Taylor Momsen
Tags: Style Tips
Tuesday 12:16 PM, 24/05/2011
Tags: Style Tips
Friday 2:41 AM, 13/05/2011
Stars really owe everything to their fans. It's always great to see celebs taking time to appreciate their fans! Without fans, celebs wouldn't even be famous! Have you guys ever met a celeb? Were they really nice or complete biatches?
Tags: Fun pics
Tuesday 2:31 PM, 10/05/2011
Tags: Gossip Girl
Friday 4:19 PM, 22/04/2011
We're pretty used to Taylor Momsen's look by now but even so, we're starting to get a little scared! The Pretty Reckless singer showed up at Hard Rock Cafe in Hollywood last night to perform songs from their debut album, "Light Me Up", dressed in a Metallica shirt with the words "Kill 'Em All" on the front, more eyeliner than we thought humanly possible and big black combat boots. We're sorry Taylor but now you just look crazy!
Wednesday 9:57 PM, 13/04/2011
After almost a year of waiting and promoting and touring, Taylor Momsen's band "The Pretty Reckless" finally has their album out! Its called "Light Me Up". Are you still into Taylor and her band and their songs or are you pretty sick of seeing her looking and sounding the same almost a year later? Vote!
What do you think?